Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Be Still- My Stuff

be still
My life feels cluttered.  I have so much going on in my brain, with my family, and just sitting around my house.  I hate clutter and it seems to be invading my space recently.  I have trouble being still because everything around me is so "busy".  My calendar is so full of summer activities and church things that I can't find a day to just be.  My list is so cluttered with things I "need" to buy and "urgent" tasks that need to be done.  My home is cluttered with gifts that need to be put away and trinkets I just can't part with.

Maybe being still for me, means doing something.  I need to part with the clutter.   Clean up the calendar so we can spend time as a family.  Clean up the clutter in the house so that I can take a deep breath and appreciate the beautiful things I have.  Prioritize my list so that I can honestly know what is a "need" and what tasks I truly must to accomplish that aren't just "urgent", but necessary.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Dear God, help me create a clean heart for you.  Help me to get rid of the clutter that causes me to feel so far from you; the busy calendars, the lists a mile long, the tasks that seems so urgent, and the sin that leaves no room for you in my heart.  Renew in my heart a right spirit so that I may hear your voice speaking to me.  Amen.  

3 comments:

  1. This really speaks to me today. I've been very much in the midst of decluttering my closets ... and my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted that verse. I needed to read it. I know what you mean about the clutter in and around us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DId I write this? I could have for sure! I'm in the same boat and it just keeps getting worse! This verse is so perfect! I'm writing it down and taking it with me today to keep reading! Thanks so much for sharing and linking! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete