I found a great question in the book I'm using and it asks you to plan in ideal but fictitious retreat or event for soul work. The main idea is to realize that we all have different ways of enjoying soul work. I have enjoyed planning a few retreats in the last few years and thought I would write down what my ideal weekend retreat would be like! Then hopefully it will remind me (and those in the class) about ways we can incorporate those things into our everyday soul work!
Lindy's ISTJ (with a little E) Weekend Retreat
- Stay somewhere that has a very spa like atmosphere and involves no camping.
- It must have a golf course. I can use golf as a spiritual practice. It's one thing I do where I have to totally quiet my mind to play the game or else I don't do well.
- I think learning Yoga as a form of a spiritual practices would be interesting and fun to do. It involves quiet and doing the same thing over and over!
- I would hopefully find someone to come in and do some type of guided reading with the Psalms.
- I would probably want to learn something also, so hopefully I could find something interesting to study.
- It would involved time for listening to music and prayer.
- It would probably also involve some time in a pool or hot tub. I love water and all of the spiritual things it means to me.
So my retreat would be one full of silence and a lot of meditation. It would be interesting to see what would happen if I was having more of an ESTJ day when I was planning this. That could change things. I find this stuff fascinating.
No comments:
Post a Comment