Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A little concerned.

I'm a little concerned about some of my plants right now.  I planted some tulip bulbs this fall for the first time.  At this point I will probably never see them because they are under a 3 foot snow drift that hasn't melted at all.  I might have to send Bryant out to shovel a little of that away when the weather starts to warm up.  

I am also concerned about my purple shamrock.  It's actually doing really well.  It started this summer as two or three shamrocks from my friends Ben and Kendra.  I worked at it a little this fall and got it up to about 8 and now it's growing like a weed (in a good way).  I think I have a total of 15 to 20.  It seems to think it's going to be spring soon.  I hate to break it to the little plant, but this is Minnesota and we've got a long ways to go before spring.  I just hope I can keep this plant alive.  Ben and Kendra have had it for over 7 years.  

My only other concern is that I hope the peony bushes beneath my bedroom window didn't survive the winter.  I don't mind the ones beside the alley, but the ones under the window looked dead all last summer.  I am wanting to put bleeding hearts or some other plants there.  Maybe I will just dig them up anyways.  Listen to me sounding like a gardener, when in fact I really don't enjoy the outdoors all the much!

1 comment:

  1. the peonies will not die unless you dig them up. They are a curse. And they bloom in the spring, then die and look horrible and ugly all summer long. Stupid plants. I hate them. But love the smell. So you'll be stuck digging them up this spring :( But good luck. I'm excited to come and visit and see all your wonderful gardening skills!

    ReplyDelete