We were told to leave insecurity behind we should "put on our makeup". I need to put on my make up and realize I'm a good mother with so many things to offer my kids. I can be a good friend, if I leave behind all of the baggage and just focus on what I can do for my friends, not what they can do for me.
My Make up Bag
- Foundation- Put on our foundation of Christ. Dig in the Word, wear it for all it is. Our sins are seen no more by God. Our foundation is our strong base. When it is the right color and type of foundation we can not be shaken. We will know God is with us.
- This is the one I struggle with the most. I can't even admit how long it has been since my time with God has been more than a few minutes. I can sense that in my life. My insecurities are creeping in and stealing joy. They are wiping that good foundation off of me.
- Eye makeup- Looking not at ourselves but at others. Nancy said the less time we spend looking at ourselves in the mirror the better. Not only for others but for ourselves. The more time we spend looking at our selves, the more we see those insecurities and faults. If we are to put them aside we need to do that and get moving.
- Blush- Our cheeks. Sometimes when we are putting aside our insecurities God will call us to do something that, for lack of a better word, embarrasses us. Nancy told us we might be called to meet that insecurity head on.
- Lipstick- Put it on folks. We need to watch what comes out of our mouths (and our keyboards for that matter). Words can be so powerful. We need God's Word hidden in our hearts and on our lips. We also need to leave aside those words we use when we are insecure and unsure of ourselves. They won't help.
These are my goals. To figuratively put on my make up everyday. I struggle most with my foundation. Foundation can be time consuming. It's not a quick flick of a brush or swipe of lipstick, it's a process. The other thing I struggle with is the wrong make up. When my insecurities creep in I sometimes grab the wrong foundation. The one that covers them up and pretends they aren't there. The foundation that isn't really a foundation at all, but a mask. Covering things that God asks me to see and work on. I want to leave the mask behind and put on the beautiful perfect foundation that has been given to me.
I also struggle with looking at others and wanting to call out their insecurities. "You're wearing a mask. Let me help you." I want to get out my facial wipe and show them that their insecurities in friendship and parenting and life are hurting themselves and others around them. In reality I just need to worry about my own insecurities and how I can help others, not fix them. I can't wipe off their mask for them.
So today I will open my own make up bag and try again. I will work on perfecting the application of the perfect foundation. I will put my favorite lip color on. I will leave the mask hanging out of site and work on giving it to God. I will also be forgiving. Forgiving of myself for my insecurities and forgiving of others who struggle with them too.
I'm not sure where our speaker, Nancy Dean got her make up idea. I loved it and expanded with my own thoughts on what she told us!
Don't forget my giveaway. A quick comment to help Ugandan women and mothers end poverty one cute bead at a time!

No comments:
Post a Comment