Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

More Sacred Space

We discussed the article and resource for the sacred spaces at our bible study this morning. I really thought it was interesting. The Women of the ELCA have put out a resource on sacred spaces. You can find it at Women of the ELCA. You can find it if you scroll through the resources listed. As usual with our bible study, at the end we take time in silence or some other type of activity to work on our "Soul Type" or spiritual practice. Today we spent time in prayer, journaling, and meditation about our sacred space. Three good questions were used to help focus the meditation and I have really been thinking about them a lot. For days really! They are...

1. How are things between God & me?
2. What is my intention with a sacred space?
3. What purpose will it (your sacred space) satisfy?

I've been thinking and praying a lot about my intention and purpose with the space and it's purpose. It's so easy in my life to become overwhelmed and I could see that happening with my space. I could use it for crocheting, bible study, theological reflection and reading, prayer, and so many things. So many things that maybe it would become just another space and not my sacred space. I did feel called to try and use my sacred space in the mornings while I was meditating this morning. I would love to make it a habit to get up before Martin and be able to spend some time in my sacred space and then be ready for the day. We will have to see where that leads. I will be open to my space changing and growing, but right now I just need to find it's intention and purpose, because I know I would love to sit at my kitchen table and use it as my sacred space in the mornings with a candle and the quietness of the town in front of me. We'll see where it grows.

1 comment:

  1. oh that sounds like a great idea. And thanks for the web site. I'm going to check it out too!

    ReplyDelete