Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Home

Martin and I are going "home" tomorrow.  Poor Martin will probably be confused by all the places we call home, but at least he will know he's loved no matter where he goes.  We'll head out tomorrow morning for Nebraska.  We make a pretty good pair in the car and he's usually pretty good.  We should be there in about 7 hours!

Going "home" always makes me a little emotional when I think of all the places I still call home.  We went "home" last year to Michigan to see all of our wonderful friends.  We will go "home" in March to Wartburg.  And I always love going "home" to Nebraska.  We will also come "home" to Minnesota.  I guess that is why Bryant and I have a saying hanging in our living room that says "When I say I'm going home, what I mean to say is that I'm going to where you are".  Thank goodness we feel at home in so many places. 

1 comment:

  1. A problem my daughter will share with Martin. home means lots of places. Although I really just think of home as my house in Dubuque right now. I just call Nebraska by it's name. Starting to fall away from thinking of it as home.

    ReplyDelete