Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fargo Mini


Look at the lovely folks I ran with on Saturday.
We love the Fargo Mini.  We a still trying to come to grips with the new race course and location.
It was windy, it was muddy, and the parking was terrible.  

Here is my countdown of the race.
#10- I got to run with Sarah.  Look at her...I just heart her.  We have a good first 6 miles. 
The best part?
#9- We both got a personal best!  Oh yes, a PR.  If you follow my "500" tab you will realize I thought I wouldn't make it.  Sarah and I started off well and I felt really really good!
#8- It's the middle miles of training weeks that count.  I was so focused on the big runs the last time I had a half that I wasn't very well conditioned.  It's those mid week runs of 5 or 6 miles that really count.  At least in my opinion anyway....
#7- Because of my good runs and focus on my mileage for the "500" I was really well prepared.  I felt fantastic.  I stopped at the end and honestly could have run further.  I think my training really paid off.
#6- Is this too much?  Are you sick of reading about running?
My hubby got to meet me at the finish line.  That was awesome.  He ran the 10K earlier in the morning.

#5- We joke, but Pastors have a knack for being unhealthy and overweight in some cases.
We are proud to be "Runnin' Reformers" and trying to overcome the hurdles of many people in the ministry.
#4- My playlist is so done.  I had to download new songs.  I about tossed my ipod on the street.
#3- I worked so hard not to hit "the wall" and did great for a while.  At mile 8 I found a runner and stayed on his heels for a while.  I knew he was running a little faster, but I knew that would help me push through.  I then lost track of my miles.  I thought water was every two miles, but it got a little off on the course.  I struggled from about 8.5 to 9 and then again at 11 when the water wasn't where I thought it was.  Oh well, I got over it.
#2- My worst mile?  Number 12.  What?!?!?!  The problem was I could see the finish.  You ran on a straight stretch of road for 1.25 miles.  It was windy and I was done.  There wasn't anybody to "race".  I managed to catch one person, but as the starter of the race said "you want to live to run another day!"
#1- I took 11 minutes off my last half marathon time.  Crazy Sarah (picture above) had already talked me into another half in May before we had even run this one.

LOVED IT! 
Less than 100 miles to go this year.  

1 comment: