Better late than never...We had a wonderful day as a family!
I finally used the book Uncommon Crochet to try a few new projects. My aunt got if for me a few years ago and I was scared to try it. The book uses a lot of different fibers and it made me overwhelmed. Now that I can crochet a little better I was able to use good old yarn from my stash to work on a few projects. Most of the patterns call for interesting things like, leather cord, hemp, sisal, kitchen twine. The author does do a good job of giving you alternatives to the "uncommon" materials you might not have.
I ended up frogging a cool project out of the book after I realized my sewing skills (to line the bag) were lacking! So, while I had a little time to myself I worked on these cute vases instead. It was a stash buster and I used up 3 tiny balls of yarn I had left over from other projects. That felt good since my hubby and I deep cleaned our "magic closet" this weekend and I found more yarn!
The vase holding my extra crochet hooks is from acrylic yarn and required some fabric stiffener. I'm not sure it worked really well, but the vase is cute and is holding up! The other two vases are made from 100% cotton yarn. I did a little blocking on the bottom of the small one with water and some pins. The two-tone vase is actually part of the sake set, but I thought the pitcher was cuter as a vase!
Happy Monday (or Tuesday)!
(The flower pattern is from Sarahndipities and I'm linking up with her today. The pattern is my go-to flower!)
I finally used the book Uncommon Crochet to try a few new projects. My aunt got if for me a few years ago and I was scared to try it. The book uses a lot of different fibers and it made me overwhelmed. Now that I can crochet a little better I was able to use good old yarn from my stash to work on a few projects. Most of the patterns call for interesting things like, leather cord, hemp, sisal, kitchen twine. The author does do a good job of giving you alternatives to the "uncommon" materials you might not have.
I ended up frogging a cool project out of the book after I realized my sewing skills (to line the bag) were lacking! So, while I had a little time to myself I worked on these cute vases instead. It was a stash buster and I used up 3 tiny balls of yarn I had left over from other projects. That felt good since my hubby and I deep cleaned our "magic closet" this weekend and I found more yarn!
The vase holding my extra crochet hooks is from acrylic yarn and required some fabric stiffener. I'm not sure it worked really well, but the vase is cute and is holding up! The other two vases are made from 100% cotton yarn. I did a little blocking on the bottom of the small one with water and some pins. The two-tone vase is actually part of the sake set, but I thought the pitcher was cuter as a vase!
Happy Monday (or Tuesday)!
(The flower pattern is from Sarahndipities and I'm linking up with her today. The pattern is my go-to flower!)

You did a great job!!!
ReplyDelete