I always say I won't do it and then some how I end up helping with some high school youth group fundraiser! This year I decided to give my hubby a break and help plan the Easter Breakfast at church. It ended up going so well and everybody worked really hard.
We have table decorations at church we could use, but I wanted to make something special for Easter. Thankfully, I knew if I didn't get it done there was something to fall back on! (Think fake flowers in tiny little coffee cups...) I had a plan for balloons and gerber daisies. Sadly, I didn't have my list together in time for my trip to town. I got home Tuesday night and was bummed. No special decorations until I came up with this!
Let's call them recycled flowers. My lovely friend, H, let me borrow her cricut. (Which my son thought was an actual "animal" and was wondering if H brought the cage and if we were keeping it outside!) I used left over scrapbooking paper and jars I had for another event at church. I wanted to do that fake "grass" stuff, but no more trips to town were planned. So, I just shredded the scraps and some other paper I knew I wouldn't use and stuck it in the jars. I thought they looked pretty good! I was amazed that I could actually finish the whole project without a trip to the craft store.
I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Join up with Sarahndipities and let's see what we can make this week...


I love the use of shredded paper scraps - way cuter than fake grass anyway!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for your prayers on Wednesday. =)
I love this project and I think I'm going to use this on Sunday for our May picnic!! I have never liked using plastic grass, so I always use shredded paper, but I'll have to cut the flowers by hand. I did get to try a cricut the other day and WOW are they terrific. What a pretty project!! ~Lori
ReplyDeletethis is cute!
ReplyDeleteLove. Love. Love. the centerpieces. The recycled shredded paper was clever and fits perfectly. Love it. Nicely done!
ReplyDelete