Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

Last Thursday felt like one of those days.  A good day to be a stay at home mom.  We had a productive day at the snow fort (my house!).

I was desperate.  I channeled my father and let the Bop play recipe while Chewy ate a snack.  What is recipe?  It's a game my sis and I used to play when my mom was gone and/or my dad needed to clean out the fridge and cupboards.  I tossed all of the expired stuff in Martin's "kitchen" and he cooked.  Now, I was not as daring as my dad.  He used to give us eggs and liquids.  We also did a lot outside in the summer and he could just hose us all down.  Then if that wasn't bad enough, I let Bop play in the sink.  He proceeded to "dig for gold" from his Backyardigan's show and got water everywhere.  Oh well!



We also had fun at quiet time watching Jonah.  I worked on my laptop and am caught up on the Bops baby stuff.  I wanted all of his picture books and journals done before Chewy's birthday.  I ordered the last one today.  I used a site called Tot Site for Bops baby stuff.  I had to transfer all of it (by copying and pasting) to a shutterfly book.  I got his picture books done too.  I only have to do from when he's 2 until now with journaling.  I had started blogging by then.  I think I'm just going to make one big book every year for the boys from my blog and then make them each their own picture books with the most important stuff on their birthday.  Hopefully they will be okay with that!

I feel a sense of accomplishment.  Now, I can start working on Chewy's book after his birthday parties.  I've been working on some fruit tea towels and am really happy with them.  My sister picked out her wedding afghan and I have some yarn to try with that.  Finally, 4 Husker pot holders left for my cousin.  Oh so many fun things to do.

1 comment:

  1. You know that their future wives are going to LOVE all the work you put into these books. I need to work on mine. We lost so many pictures that I got a bit discouraged.

    ReplyDelete