Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's a beautiful day!

The Bops is asleep in my chair and the baby is asleep in his crib.  I'm looking out my kitchen window to a sunny day and the snow actually still looks beautiful in my yard.  It has been a good day.  Prayers have been answered and I have been taking joy in the simple things.  For example...


  • The baby had to have a few tests done recently including a blood draw and something today that I will just spare you the details of.  I just kept praying they would be efficient.  I didn't want them to hurry and miss something but I also hate the cry of my baby in pain.  In the end, the blood draw was efficient (we are still waiting on some results) and the test today was a million times better than I expected.  Hopefully we will have some results tomorrow and some answers for our little guy.  Don't worry, nothing terribly serious...
  • I have the cute things for the baby's first birthday party.  I have a few invitations done and I even found some great recipes today for his party!  How cute is this stuff?
  • I'm not a cake baker or decorator but I'm going to try my hand at a tiger and a lion cake I found.  Simple 9 inch cakes with easy frosting and decoration.  I also have some cup cake toppers to make life easier.  The other cool thing????
  • Well,  I'm still on Weight Watchers and actually really enjoying the points system. While searching for recipes (I love reading and finding recipes) I found a Diet Soda Cake recipe on my new favorite website Skinny Taste.  I know a few people who will love it if I make some Diet Soda Cake cupcakes for the party.  Oh I'm loving the simple things in life, like internet searching and someone else who is blessed at creating new recipes. 
  • Also, if it's the simple blessings in life, thank goodness for the Epilepsy Foundation.  I was just saying I needed to clean out my closet.  My motivated mom's list said I need to do it.  Guess who called this morning with a pick up in my area next week?  You bet, EF.  Well thank goodness.  Hopefully someone can be blessed by my extra clothes and shoes.  
  • So, I'm going to crochet a few rows, cross a few things off my list, and head to the library with my boys.  After this morning and the hospital and the tests, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders even though we don't yet know what's wrong!


1 comment: