1. Yesterday we had to cancel church- about 20 minutes before it started. We didn't realize how icy it was until my hubby left for church. He got there and everything is a sheet of thing ice. We didn't want anybody to fall so we called it off. The Boppers cried. He loves going places and doing things. He also hates it when we say we're going to do one thing or another and it doesn't happen! It was a nice day at home though.
2. I have officially started my cookie baking for the open house. After an epic fail with my cookie press I went with an old stand by. My lemon sugar cookies turned out great. I also did a batch with orange. They were okay. The butter was a little soft so the baking process took a while.
3. We went to a train show this weekend. I wish I could describe exactly what my boys look like when they see trains. Even Chewy can't take his eyes off of them. The trio stood staring at the model trains for almost 2 hours!
4. The best part of the train show day was the deal I got on The Boppers Christmas present. We were playing at the Lionel exhibit and I saw it. A Lionel Percy engine. The Bops had seen it in the catalog before and just went nuts. It was marked down almost 60% at the exhibit. (This is a good deal, Lionel engines are a little expensive). I asked the guy about it while hubby and the boys were playing with a train nearby. He said it was broken. I was a little disappointed. He then showed me a tiny little decorative thing in the back that had been broken. He asked how much I would give him for it. I remained quiet having NO IDEA how much to offer. The thing would still run on our track. It wasn't technically broken. It just needed some glue! He made me an offer and I took it. In the end I got the Percy engine for $80 LESS than the original price. Do I get some kind of award for that? My hubby said I got a great deal . I was nervous because I didn't want the Bops to see so I just bought it without talking to the train expert in the family. Luckily it will work and all is well! I can't wait to see his face Christmas morning.
5. Enjoy a wonderful week waiting for Thanksgiving. We are heading out to my hubby's gma's 90th birthday party! We hope the snow holds off so we can make it the 12 hours or so south. It should be a great week.
Link up today and keep the snow away! Thanks Carissa.

I have two (I guess three if you count my husband) and we are train crazy over here too! Glad I found you through Lowercase.
ReplyDelete