I am about to embark on some quiet time this afternoon. It seems in my struggles and frustrations in life I come across as "not happy". I think we all struggle, but I am happy with the who, what, and where in my life. I am a type A personality that will always have to deal with my expectations of myself and others. In those expectations I think I sometimes come across as unhappy with my situation when I talk with my hubby about life. There are probably a few reasons for this. One could be that he is who I talk to about everything. So he must hear all of those frustrations and I know probably take some of them personality as he works hard and provides for our family. This is also "his" call (but not really, we are both called) and I know sometimes he hurts because I struggle with my call in the midst of his call. (We talk a lot about vocation and call in our lives, sorry if that is confusing). I know I am 100% called to be a stay at home mama, but what else? A call is not necessarily a job, but a part of my life and my faith. Anyway,
Quiet time. After discussing with my hubby about struggles with expectations and my faith and quiet time he decided I should get some quiet time. He asked how and when. I responded with PLEASE! I then thought about it and I know that my quiet time can not be at home. I know in saying that I also run the risk of not having as much of it. If I am at home I am struggling to focus. Too much, in my mind, is left undone at home when I am sitting around. So, we are going to try to give me some time to be alone. I also stipulated that it can't just be running to the grocery store!:) So today, I will go to the store, but I am bringing my book and my bible and will spend a little time at a coffee shop. Just being still, being alone, and listening. I want to be the best at my call and vocation. I know that I need God's help and so to be the best mama and wife I need time. Time away. So I will go, but I will come back and be more grateful than I already am with my life.
I love this Lindy and I'm so glad you're getting that time for you. It is so important and I totally hear you about how you're working to be content. I'm right there with you. My Hubby thinks I complain a lot too but I keep reminding him that I am happy, I'm just tired most of the time and that makes me come across as unhappy. I love that we're able to be SAHM's. We are blessed for sure!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Wish I could have joined you at the coffee shop! I don't have anyone around here to do that with!