#1. I think I want to be a professional crafter. Probably not a very lucrative job to say the least. I want to learn to quilt, punch needle, felt, and sew. I think right now I'm into the "soft" stuff- yarn, fabric, etc. Most of these fun things will have to wait for a few things. Probably a bigger house and the boys going to school.
#2. I was thinking about this a few days ago, but we decided before Martin was born (June 30th, 2007) that he wouldn't start school in he was 6. The more we get to know him the better this decision has been. We just believe waiting is the best thing for those late birthdays. I know some kids are super ready, but it's not just being young in kindergarten. It's being young when you go to high school and college too. We also have post secondary options available in the great state of Minnesota. This means my son could start college full time when he's a junior in high school. So we decided long ago to wait and that way we wouldn't feel the peer pressure of having him start when he's 5. Plus, I get him at home for one more year and I'm sure we'll figure out lots of fun (educational) stuff to do while we wait. And PS it's not called "holding him back" that sounds like he failed or something. It's called waiting (or red shirting if you're into college sports).
#3. I made Spritz cookies for the first time this weekend. My mom brought me a cookie press of my grandma's. I don't have any memories of her making spritz cookies, but my mom does. I will try a few of the different recipes (she kept all of the original information?!?!?! I don't keep anything like that). It was actually really fun and relaxing.
#4. I had a crazy dream Saturday night. Sunday was first communion day at church. I made the communion bread with the kids during their classes. They had a great time! I put the bread out to thaw on Saturday morning. Saturday night I had a dream that my hubby forgot to take the bread to church. I ended up trying to go home and get it during the service. I couldn't get the car to start and ended up riding a bike home...in a bunny suit! Um, weird. Anyway my hubby didn't forget the bread and my cool friend Mark, reminded me that he actually has a bunny suit if I ever need to borrow one!
That was enough miscellany random stuff for a Monday! Enjoy the week. I'm linking up with Carissa at lowercase letters and boy does she have some fun miscellany things to tell you today!
That was enough miscellany random stuff for a Monday! Enjoy the week. I'm linking up with Carissa at lowercase letters and boy does she have some fun miscellany things to tell you today!


Love Spritz cookies! Yummo...I typically only make them around Christmas time.
ReplyDeleteI agree about giving your son extra time...red-shirting (love that). Savor these years!
I got a cookie press at my wedding and I haven't used it yet!! I'm not really sure how?!
ReplyDeleteLOL bunny suit! Sometimes we do get this random weird dreams! Your in Minnesota? We live in Wisconsin about an hour away from the Twin Cities.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your randomness!
~blessings
Dorcas
I have a cookie press but never knew how to do it LOL....maybe I should try....
ReplyDeleteWe are waiting to put Kelcee in Kindergarten because of the late birthday too! She is 3 1/2 but it seems like the best decision and where I am on chemo we can't put her in pre-school this year for the risk of germs etc....so for us it is best....thanks for this post
love your blog btw
xoxo
Summer :0)
Stopping by from the Miscellany Monday. Those cookies look yummy! Would have tasted so good with my coffee this morning! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI really want to learn how sew too. That's my next new venture. Those cookies look like a fun project. and my husband and I are having that same talk. I still can't believe we're talking about kindergarten already! lovely blog. :)
ReplyDeleteCole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/
I'm going to be waiting with my youngest too. She definitely isn't ready for school while my oldest (who is gonna be 5) was ready last year. Kids differ so much! :)
ReplyDeleteI got your link from Monday Miscellany! I'm now following you and hope you can stop by my blog and read my Monday Miscellany too!
http://theartsymom.tk
Hi. I found you at Miscellany Monday! I had to laugh at your first time making Spritz. I'm laughing because it never occurred to me to make Spritz anytime other than Christmas! Good grief. I'm making them next weekend. :-) What a great idea. Aren't they just wonderful!!!
ReplyDelete