Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dirty Spots!

You know the spots I mean.  That place in my house no one is allowed to see.  My "magic" closet and laundry room.  I already posted that I couldn't get my vacuum back in the "magic" closet and so it's now in the laundry room.  I am going out on a limb and posting a picture.  I want to hold myself accountable for these spots.  I really want the laundry area cleaned by the end of the week.


This picture got me thinking.  How many times have I cleaned that laundry room?  I don't keep up with it, it's my own fault.  My family (hubby and I) by nature just don't keep up with stuff like that.  I would rather just toss my shoes than actually put them away.

Do I have those areas in my heart?  Those spots that I just don't tend to and then all of a sudden BAM!, I have a giant mess.  A mess of greed, jealousy, annoyance, or whatever sin I deal with at that time.  I don't spend enough time in the Word.  I know I don't spend enough time in prayer.  I have to tend to all of these spots or it will end up looking like my cold dirty laundry room.  The spot I just don't want to look at anymore.  But God just can't let that happen.  That's why I'm baptized.  He just keeps scrubbing.  God tends to me every single day, why don't I do the same?  It's hard to scrub the floor if you never walk into that room.  It's hard for God to work on those areas of my life if I never acknowledge them and let Him work at them.  I need time in the Word and time in prayer just like I need a trash bag and a mop for my laundry room.  I need to clean it up and keep it clean.  That's not to say those sins won't ever come back or a small mess won't ever form in the laundry room.  I know how much easier it is to tend to a small mess than a big mess.  I only have so much room in my house and I only have so much room in my heart.  If I want a tidy, welcoming house I need to work at it.  If I want a heart that is completely God's, then I also need to work at it.  Every single day.  So here's to working at my heart and my home!

2 comments:

  1. That was a nice post! If you saw my basement, you would feel better about your laundry room. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindy, went to reply back to your comment from today and clicked on your profile. I had no clue you had another blog just for you! So cool! I'm following now and wanted to tell you thanks for the compliments on the afghan. Yes, I did make it and if you would like the pattern, feel free to email me so I can give you the info!

    ReplyDelete