Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Patience

Update: 1 hour and 40 minutes later he is out like a light.  I moved him to his bed.  Now I'm just praying that we have some success this evening at bedtime!



Well I found some patience today.  I don't know why today, but I decided as my husband left to get some time alone and I tried to put the toddler down that I was feeling pretty patient.  Hopefully it keeps up.  I am going on one hour and 20 minutes of trying to get him to nap without me laying down or rocking in the chair while he falls asleep.  The nice thing is he is quiet and not crying.  Just playing with a toy or sitting in his chair.  I guess today was the day.  I am hosting a Pampered Chef party tonight and have a lot to do, but my patience has been found.  I can't clean with my son standing at the door of his room.  He'll see me.  I am feeling really good about all this!  Maybe we are on the upswing and I have realized that finding my patience is again, more about me and less about the people I'm impatient with!

No comments:

Post a Comment