Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Goals

I can't believe how time has flown by. About one year ago this last week sometime my husband took his first call as a pastor and we made our way to this wonderful place we call home. When we moved I had a great cleaning schedule (not that I was good at cleaning) and a new to us house so I wanted to keep it clean. Well, life has happened. We are busy, settled in, and I can barely keep up. I have decided I don't need a cleaning lady, I need somebody to come in and do the stuff before the cleaning lady would come. So as part of the summer cleaning frenzy, I have decided to update my cleaning schedule. I feel if I post it here, maybe someone (myself) will hold me accountable. As I type this I am already behind. I have not gotten the bathroom cleaned yet. I have been a "single" mommy all weekend while my hubby is away at a conference. I realize many people do the "single" parent, work 40 hours a week thing, and I don't know how they do it!

Cleaning Schedule
Sunday- Change bedding & trash
Monday- Vacuum
Tuesday- laundry
Wednesday-Mop kitchen floor
Thursday-dust, windows and pick up
Friday-bathroom or day with Daddy
Saturday-bathroom or spend time with Daddy

Am I forgetting anything important in the cleaning schedule? I actually try to keep the kitchen pretty clean except for mopping the floor that often.

-Take Martin to the park on Saturdays while Bryant finishes his sermon

-Make my bed everyday (can you believe I don't do that????)

-use the internet one less time everyday

-work on planning meals and making better grocery lists

-keep running!

1 comment:

  1. That looks a lot like my list would...if I had one.

    I've also found that motivatedmoms.com is a useful organizing list...each day you're given about six tasks to complete...including cleaning out your purse or microwave and clipping your children's fingernails.

    It's a good reminder to do those things. I don't use it all the time, but when I do, I feel good about completing all of my "tasks".

    ReplyDelete