I've been doing some Lenten reflection during Holy Week and this verse came to mind. Here are some thoughts. I have to thank Jennifer, a friend of a friend, who uses this style to blog sometimes. She's amazing.
So if anyone is in Christ
This journey during Lent about Christ and God's promise to us is amazing. I love being Lutheran because of our focus on "grace". I want to be "in" Christ and Christ "in" me to show the grace and forgiveness that came on the cross.
there is a new creation
My Lenten practice morphed into something different during my 40 days, but I have been working on new creations. I have created my new sacred space and can't believe how grounded I feel when I use that space to listen and pray and read. I also created and baked communion bread for the first time. I took it out of the freezer yesterday and took a good look at it. Tonight it will be used to show, again, the grace and forgiveness of Christ. I am anxious to distribute the bread and tell people "the is the body of Christ given for you". This Holy Week journey is a new creation for us also. We have never worshiped here with these people in this time. I do miss seminary and my home congregation and the way I feel when I worship there. I am slowly becoming more and more aware of my own worship needs and how to fill those spots no matter where I am.
This week is also a new creation for me as I started some spring projects and am feeling winter slowly leave me. There is hardly any snow and the sun is shining. I reintroduced my son to the swing set in the back yard and we felt like two new people coming in from outside.
everything old has passed away
My parents are visiting for Easter and so I am moving out some "old" things. I am using my time of crazy cleaning to reflect on getting rid of the old. Changing the old sheets, washing the used towels, vacuuming the "old" food up off the carpet. A little time for reflection in that. I am also working on getting rid of an old habit. I am keeping my kitchen clean. Some days I feel like all I do is clean the kitchen, but I know that's not true. There is something so wonderful about waking up and walking into a clean kitchen. It starts my day off right. It also helps that I have found my sacred space to be in the kitchen. It gives me that extra incentive to keep it clean.
The old passing away has caused me to pray for someone who is trying to leave an old relationship that is not healthy. I have found that I tried to help, but my place must be in prayer for this person. This person had a clue that the relationship was not right and they should get out, but in most classic cases it's hard to stay away. I hope they can see that a "new creation" is coming. I can only keep praying.
see, everything has become new
Oh thank goodness. Everyday I wake up I am a new creation in Christ. I am a Child of God, forgiven and loved. I have a new chance to show my family how much I love them. I have a new chance to teach my son things he needs to know. New is nice.
There is lots of talk sometimes about the theology of the cross and the theology of the resurrection. No matter what you think, in the words of a wonderful author, JoAnna Weaver, it may be Friday, but Sunday's coming. Let us walk with slow sure steps to Sunday.
Hi Lindy,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! I enjoy reading yours as well.
I turned 25 4 1/2 months ago, and you can't rent a car until you're 25!